Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wake-Me-Up Wednesday: Special Edition Featuring The Covers Of Jon Paul Ferrara

Male Models from Jon Paul Ferrara's Covers

Twitter
Myspace
Jon Paul The Art of Romance Blog

I cannot say enough about this man. Jon Paul Ferrara is unbelievably talented, and his gorgeous covers speak for themselves about the passion and dedication he has for this industry. We as authors and readers are lucky to have seen his work on countless books and no one can look at his creations without appreciating the true beauty of romance and sensuality. His covers take you to a whole different time and place and make you feel as if you are standing right there in the moment. He captures the true essence of an emotion within a specific time period and paints it so vividly, as if you can actually feel the mood within the scene itself.

And since it is Wednesday...this week I am featuring those heroes we love to see on book covers, painted by the hand of Jon Paul Ferrara. (Models here today include John De Salvo, Nathan Kamp, Dominic Spinale, and CJ Hollenbach, just to name a few.) Happy Wednesday to everyone!



















And of course my favorite hero....................


Gerard Butler in Phantom of the Opera

Don't forget, Jon Paul is giving away one of his prints to one lucky winner. For full contest details
Contest ends Sunday, April 4, 2010.

*And please do not forget to show Jon Paul your support. His links are posted above, so feel free to follow him on all of his networking sites.

12 comments:

Tonya Kappes said...

coffee? What coffee? I have wake me up Wednesday!

Artemis said...

And people wonder why we read what we do. The covers alone entice me to pick up the book. His work is glorious.

Viking Princess said...

Let me guess Renee, your favorite Jon Paul painting is his Gerard Butler in Phantom of the Opera. Am I right?

Viking Princess said...

My fav cover might be the cover with the man with the long blond hair holding the shield and the sword. But the cover with the cowboy holding his cowboy hat and rifle is interesting too. Is that an indian in the background? Hmm...does that mean I get two men, if so this cover is my favorite :)

Giada M said...

Well...WOW!!! I think there's nothing more to say! XD It is too much for my weak eyes! >_<

Renee Vincent said...

hahah thanks Tonya!

Thank you Artemis for being here today. And I agree. I could stare at those covers forever....

Viking Princess: YES GB in POTO is my favorite painting...he painted my tortured hero so well!
I liked the long blond hair hero with the sheild too..I am not sure but my first thought was Richard the Lionheart. Maybe Jon Paul will be here soon and fill us in on who the hero was painted to be.

Giada: too much for your weak eyes, but yet you still stare. hahah Am I right? hahah

Thanks gals for coming!

Giada M said...

Of course you're right! XD hahahaha

Jon Paul said...

Artemis: Thank you so much for the very kind comment :)

Viking Princess: I had a feeling you would like the warrior with the long blond hair and shield :)

Renee: I searched for the title in my archives and the warrior with the shield cover was called "My Fair Maiden." I couldn't find it on Amazon … they might have changed the title which happens every so often by the publisher or the author. :)

Renee Vincent said...

Hey Jon Paul...can you tell us who you had in mind when you painted "My Fair Maiden"? Did you have a certain historical character in mind or were you strickly going by the pubs specifications?

Jon Paul said...

Not really … just went according to what the fact sheet said and hired a model who I thought was perfect for the job at hand … he had very short hair the model… I just made it long in the artwork ... he had great facial structure in my artistic opinion and was a great model to work with ... his expression is really what makes this painting work.

Renee Vincent said...

Yes, he does have the perfect look. ;-)
Thanks Jon Paul!

grace said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.