Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Wake-Me-Up Wednesday Returns!


But in a whole new fashion!

Thanks to a facebook friend, who mentioned that my teaser lines from my upcoming release, The Temperate Warrior, went well with her coffee, I decided to use the WMU Wednesday as a means to tempt, satisfy, and wake up my readers, just as the old version did--but without the threat of copyright infringement. So, here we go!

Today's segment comes from a scene where Gustaf Ræliksen is stripping down for a bath and Æsa, the heroine, is admiring her warrior in all his glory. I hope you enjoy!


He stood at the water’s edge, naked as the day he was born, dipping a toe beneath the surface.

Æsa stood motionless, admiring the man who, for the first time in his life, hadn’t a care in the world.

Under the afternoon sky, his legs were long and powerful from years of carrying a warrior’s body across steep mountains and snow-drifted valleys. Dusted with golden hair, his skin was tan, smooth, and unmarred, save for a few scars across his wide back. In no way did the old battle wounds tarnish his manly appeal. If anything, the marks reminded her of the kind of man he was and how much he had willingly endured to uphold his family’s honor. From the blemishes carved into his skin, to the gentle, compassionate heart beating in his chest, Gustaf was the definition of chivalry.

Slowly, he walked into the water, his eyes on his feet. The rippling stream rushed passed his ankles and eventually over his knees as he strolled further out. When it rose above his waist, he looked over his shoulder. “’Tis warm.”

“And you are a liar,” Æsa scoffed.

9 comments:

Sarah Hoss said...

I love it! You write very well and pick the best teasers! Can't wait to get my hands on another one of your books!

Eliza Knight said...

Loved it!!!! And I love your new idea for Wake Me Up Wed :)

Renee Vincent / Gracie Lee Rose said...

Aww, thanks ladies. That means the world to me!

Sarah: I can't wait to read your books too! Looking forward to getting my hands on them in a few weeks! Woo hoo!

Eliza: Thanks for the praise. Coming from you, that means a LOT! Hope to see you next week!

Cate Parke said...

You can wake me up anytime with teasers like this! Love 'em. I can't wait for this book. Can't get enough of this story line!
~Cate

Janice Seagraves said...

You write the historical very well.

Janice~

Renee Vincent / Gracie Lee Rose said...

Hey Cate! So awesome to see you here! Thank you so much for visiting...and your compliment is so thoughtful. I cannot wait for your book to release either!

And thank you so much Janice. That is truly music to my ears since historicals are my first love. I thank you for stopping by this week.

S. Durham Author said...

Ah great excerpt~ I've got the first of the Emerald Isle Trilogy on my I-Pad to read, and this new series looks wonderful! Glad you were able to reinvent wake me up Wednesday Renee. Will keep checking in:)

Sara

Paisley Kirkpatrick said...

That is really well written, Renee. But, I am not surprised. I can't wait to read it. I am leaving time to read every day now and am working my way through all of the books I want to enjoy. I am looking at yours on top and plan to get going on it soon.

As always, best of luck with your book sales. So proud of all you have accomplished.

Renee Vincent / Gracie Lee Rose said...

Thank you so much Sara! So glad you decided to try the trilogy. That makes me super happy! See you next week!

Paisley: Your compliment on my writing is just too sweet. Thanks, darlin. And you KNOW I am so proud of you too!!!!