Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Wake-Me-Up Wednesday


Good morning! Are you ready for another WMU Wednesday snippet from The Temperate Warrior? I sure hope so, because in the next couple weeks this book will be available to read in its entirety. Your torment for getting this book in piecemeal will finally be over!

Until then, I offer you another teaser of what's to come. I hope you enjoy!


Gustaf came to her in two quick strides, snatching them from her grasp and tossing them on the boxbed. He clasped her wrists together and brought her knuckles to his lips. He planted a kiss upon each and stared longingly in her eyes. “You have brought many things into my life, all of which have made me a happier man than I could ever imagine. But never shame.”

She turned her head in doubt and he reached for her chin, turning it upward to face him.

“Never shame,” he reiterated sternly. “Tell me you believe in what I say, for I cannot continue to love you if you think my every word is a lie.”

For a split second, Æsa’s heart tripped on the string of affections that fell from her temperate warrior’s mouth. Continue to love you, echoed in her head.

“Say you believe me,” he commanded, pulling her hard into the cage of his arms.

She peered into his eyes and saw a blazing honesty within them. “You love me?”

The strength of his embrace weakened around her, the hard lines around his eyes softened. “I came back for you, did I not?”

Disappointment undulated through her. “Even a bird returns to its native land when winter passes. ‘Tis not
for love—”

“‘Tis the reason I returned.”
Copyright © by Renee Vincent. All Rights Reserved.

5 comments:

Vonda Sinclair said...

Fantastic excerpt!! I love how passionate he is!

Renee Vincent / Gracie Lee Rose said...

Thanks Vonda! He is so yummy in this book - so Alpha, so passionate, so yummy sexy!

Alexa said...

Great, I haven't even had time to finish your other books and now you give me this one? It sounds awesome and yes, you are cruel to give us these snippets. :P

Jena Lang said...

Super tease, Renee!!! I can't wait to read this story!

Renee Vincent / Gracie Lee Rose said...

Sorry, Alexa...don't mean to frustrate you, but I do mean to tempt you. I suppose my job is done then! LOL

Jena, I can't wait for you to read it too! I think lots of Daegan fans are gonna love his older brother Gustaf!

Thanks everyone for stopping by!