Monday, January 14, 2013

"Provocative Ponderings" By Author Sarah J. McNeal


New Year’s Intentions 

I have made many New Year Resolutions throughout the years and I can say, without a moment’s hesitation, I have not kept a single one—nope, not a single, solitary one.

So this year I’m going to make New Year’s Intentions. Now just to be clear, Intentions was not my idea. The idea of New Year’s Intentions came from a sermon given by Reverend Christy Snow a couple years ago. An Intention is an inside thing, something that I want to improve about myself that will help me to be a better spiritual being.

Following these four principles, (she described them as the Four Rivers: Modesty, Milk, Wine and Honey) I made these intentions:

1. I want to have Humility—not me but God kind of attitude about the blessings that have come into my life.

2. I want to rely on Devine Wisdom—to trust my intuition more. It is that little voice inside that tells me the truth if I’ll only listen.

3. I want to be open to Agape Love—the love of all people, nature and creatures that the Devine has created.

4. I want to have the Cure, see myself as God would and not try to hide my light so that another’s light can shine more brightly. I want to be who I really am all the time, every day and every night.

If I can put my best intentions forward in 2013, I will have improved my spiritual being. It won’t be perfect. Let’s face it, no one can be perfect, but I can at least strive each day to be a better person.

So there it is, my New Year’s Intentions. I hope this year will be a good one for all of you and that you will let your light shine and love each day as it comes.

Happy New Year!!

Just a note: Heart Song has been nominated in the short romance category at Preditors and Editors this year. It’s the first time I’ve had a story nominated so I’m pretty excited about it. Voting ends January 10 so there is only a little time left. I hope you will consider voting for Heart Song. Here is just a little something about it to help you decide.

Heart Song
By  Sarah McNeal
ISBN: 9781476235066
Short Story
53 pages
Publishing by Rebecca Vickery Publishing

Facing death might change Gideon’s life. 

Blurb:
Gideon thought he had the perfect life as a musician with a beautiful model as his girlfriend, until he was diagnosed with breast cancer.

Ashamed and afraid he may die, Gideon hits bottom when his girlfriend dumps him for a “real” man.

Hope comes in the form of his father’s ghost and a person he has just met. Can he beat the odds and survive? And if he does, can he ever find happiness again?

Buy Links:
Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Heart-Song-ebook/dp/B008G1GKJ0/
Smashword https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/177196
Tag to P&E to vote: http://www.critters.org/predpoll/tally_shortstoryr.ht

Places to find me: 
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?&new_box_added_id=7100654162#
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Starcriter
My Amazon Author’s Page: https://www.amazon.com/author/sarahmcneal
http://sarahmcneal.blogspot.com/


8 comments:

Renee Vincent / Gracie Lee Rose said...

Great idea to have "intentions" instead of "resolutions." And to be honest, I've never kept any of my New Years resolutions either.

I loved your intentions, Sarah. As I tried to come up with things for myself, it was very difficult to do. Not because I don't think I need to improve my inner self, but because every idea that came to mind was more about how I could help others, not myself. I usually find it hard to do things for me. I'd much rather give to others and take the time to help others than help myself. I suppose that is a "mother" thing.

Will have to think on this one.....

Sandy L. Rowland said...

So much less stress and a stronger place to start. If we change from within, everything outside of us will follow.
Thank you!

Sarah Hoss said...

Lovely post. I like what you had to say.

Good luck in the contest.

Renee Vincent / Gracie Lee Rose said...

Woo hoo, Sarah. I just figured out how to vote for your story. Took some searching, but found it. I voted in favor of you and am crossing my fingers that you win! Good luck!

Sarah J. McNeal said...

Renee, I find, whenever I inprove myself spiritually, I am really helping others. Ever hung around someone who just spouted negative energy all day? After a while it almost feels like an attack. But when a positive person comes into your circle, you start feeling good about yourself and the world around you. Others reap the benefits of our inner improvement.

Sarah J. McNeal said...

Sandy, I totally agree with you. Isn't it amazing how we each influence those around us...and I want mine to be in a good way. Thank you so much for coming by today and leaving a comment.

Sarah J. McNeal said...

Sarah, thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to come by today and comment. That's very sweet of you.

Sarah J. McNeal said...

Thank you for your vote, Renee. I'm sure I haven't a chance of winning, but I sure would like to come in in the top ten. Thanks again...