Monday, November 4, 2013

"Tag - You're It" Blog Hop

I'd like to first thank Suzanne Rock for tagging me in this hop! What a cute way to spread the love. I'm so flattered you thought of me. Okay, so here goes nothing!


1. What are you working on right now?
I just finished book 2 of the Jamett & Joseph series, THE ROAD TO SOMETHING BETTER. So, naturally I'm working on the last book called THE GIFT OF SOMETHING GRAND. After that, I'll be writing on WHERE THE WIND BLOWS (a stand-alone novel) also from my alter ego pen name Gracie Lee Rose. I hope to have them all finished by the end of this year so they can all release in early 2014. Cross your fingers...

2. How does it differ from other works in its genre?
Renee Vincent writes deep, plot-twisting contemporary and historical romance. Where Gracie Lee Rose writes humorous, endearing love stories with a smidgen of spunk (to match my feisty personality.)

My passion has always been Viking romance, but sometimes it can get burdensome doing all that research so that my books are historically accurate. And I pride myself on conforming to the correctness of the time period in which I write. So, as a break from all the rigorous historical writing, every once in a while I like to break out into the Chick Lit world with some lighthearted, romantic stories that your sisters, daughters, mother and even grandmothers would enjoy reading.

3. Why do you write what you do?
I write because it's what I was born to do. Every since I could write complete sentences into paragraphs, I let my imagination run wild. I still have all the books I wrote as a kid, though none are worth a darn. But it did give me something to occupy my brain when I wasn't playing sports or watching them on TV.

4. How does your writing process work?
I’m a pantser, which means I totally fly by the seat of my pants. I can't plot a story out if I tried. And believe me, I've tried. I spend more time revising the outline than just letting my characters take me where they want to go. I like it that way. I find that my creativity is hindered when I try to plot it out.

Here are the 3 authors I’ve tagged for this hop:


Be sure to visit them next Monday and see what they are working on! Thanks for stopping by, and happy blog-hopping!

5 comments:

Suzanne Rock said...

Tthanks for letting me read what you're up to. I LOVE viking romances and I'm so jealous of your process! I'm a plotter to the core. I can't start writing until I can get some sort of outline or summary together. I find it fascinating how different each author is with their process. It seems like there are as many methods for creating a story as there are stories. Nice blog!

Renee Vincent / Gracie Lee Rose said...

Thanks again for choosing me and mentioning me in last week's blog post for this blog hop. I thought what a great idea!

And thanks for reading about what I'm up to and what my writing process is like. I, too, like to hear how other writers work their magic.

Have a great week, Suzanne!

Maddie James said...

Great post! Thank you and I will have mine up on Monday!

Renee Vincent / Gracie Lee Rose said...

Can't wait to see your post, Maddie. See you Monday!

toga costume said...

It is this type of interesting thing with this post of yours. I had been interested with all the topic along with the flow in the story. Keep up to date the truly amazing work.