Monday, September 28, 2015

Bruschetta Chicken: An Easy Crockpot Recipe

Since so many people inquired about the post I made on Facebook a few weeks back about a bruschetta chicken recipe I used for dinner, I decided to go ahead and share it here.

As I mention before, I followed the StoveTop recipe on the back of the box but added a few tweaks of my own pertaining to some ingredients and the cooking method.

The boxed calls for it to be put into a casserole dish and baked. I'm sure it's delicious that way too, but sometimes I prefer to cook large meals like this in a crockpot.

I hope you enjoy! (Please feel free to share with your friends and family.)

What you'll need:

• 1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
• 1 pkg Stovetop Stuffing Mix for Chicken
• 1/2 cup water
• 2 garlic gloves, minced
• As many boneless chicken breasts you'd use for a family of four
• 1 tsp. dried basil leaves (I used fresh chopped basil instead, about 1 Tbsp)
• 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
• 1 packet of Italian salad dressing mix (this was my personal tweak)
• Large crock pot
• crock pot liner (for easy cleanup — optional)

How to make it:
Put chicken in the crock pot first. Add tomatoes, water, garlic, basil, and Italian dressing mix on top. Cook on high for several hours until chicken is done (or on low all day if you're cooking it while at work.)

A few minutes before serving, add in the Stovetop stuffing mix and stir until the stuffing is fluffy. Spoon out onto plate. (I'd use pasta to go with it, but red potatoes are good too.) Top with mozzarella cheese. And Enjoy!

No comments: